Discover new music. How’s that for a simple sounding new year’s resolution?
And to prove that contemporary music is alive and well, here are 10 brilliant songs and albums to sample, produced this past year.
- “Die Waiting” by Beck from the album “Hyperspace”
- “Ruins” by Jade Bird from the album “Ruins”
- “Doin’ time” by Lana Del Rey from the album “NFR!”
- “Dead Boys” by Sam Fender from the album “Hypersonic Missiles”
- “New Moon” by Steve Gunn from the album “The Unseen in Between”
- “See You Through My Eyes” by The Head and the Heart from the album “Living Mirage”
- “Cringe” by Matt Maeson from the album “Bank On The Funeral”
- “You Had Your Soul With You” by The National from the album “I Am Easy to Find”
- “Wars” by Of Monsters and Men from the album “Fever Dream”
And this just released, especially unique gem:
- “Dead of Night” by Orville Peck from the album “Pony”
Contrary to Don McLean’s foreboding “American Pie,” let alone the recent demise of Tower Records (above photo shows the recent demolition of the international chain’s original site in Sacramento), music has not died. It is alive and sounding as good as ever, as a matter of fact. You simply have to resolve to listen.