If Humble Sky has one underlying point of view, it is “Don’t suffer fools.” In my defense, which some might find offensive, my objective is to call out people when they do or say wrong things — in my humble opinion, that is. Why, because I for one don’t want to passively enable bad behavior by either ignoring or dismissing it.
This stand is my socially conscious contribution. “You’re welcome,” to those whose lives I influenced for the better.
To you fools who continuously attempt to exploit all the good people who are too polite to call you out on your inconsideration, you’re on notice:
- Stop talking in the movie theater.
- Don’t litter. (What are you, two?)
- Don’t make fun of bilingual people for their less-than-perfect English.
- Learn basic grammar — you’re welcome, it’s my pleasure.
- Don’t share your phone conversation with the entire restaurant.
- Don’t blather; and don’t interrupt or talk over people.
- Don’t race down the merge lane to cut in front of traffic.
- And use your damn turn indicator.
- Stop! Signs and lights are not suggestions.
- Bicyclists: Pretend you’re a car or a pedestrian, not both.
- Cashier: Don’t ask if I found everything okay and then smile when I say, “No, you were out of…”
- When you take the last donut, throw away the box.
- Donald Trump: Don’t brag how intelligent and humble you are. It proves you are neither.
Be a champion for equal rights, time and space. Or, remain a bystander; misery loves company.
Or … better, still, you can travel, visit a third-world country to put in perspective just how privileged you are or be a selfish jerk or a constant complainer.